First Aid Tips
For severe cuts or burns, shock, drowsiness or unconsciousness call 999
- Cover the wound
- Apply pressure to the area
- Lift the affected area above head height
- Check consciousness – turn on side if drowsy and stay with them
- Identify what has been taken, how much and when
- Re-assure by speaking calmly and quietly
- Cool the affected area with cold running water
- Remove jewelry and clothes if not sticking
- Cover with cling film/clean plastic bag
- Listen carefully
- Speak calmly
- Ask how you can help
Was this content helpful?
Thank you for letting us know!
Your feedback matters to us, if you have any other comments please let us know.